This blog’s first blogiversary is tomorrow, actually, and I want to celebrate a few things. This year has been remarkable for me in a whole bunch of ways. For starters, I came out of the romance-reading closet, and I discovered that a heck of a lot of truly brilliant women (and some amazing men) happily read that genre and find intellectual fulfillment in it. I am not alone. I know that, now. In fact, I made friends! (Anyone who knows me well will understand how big a thing it is for me to make a friend; it’s difficult for me… I’m way too neurotic for most people.) I have had so much fun talking about books on this blog, on others’ blogs, on Goodreads, and on Twitter with other people who love books (especially love stories in their various forms) just as much as I do.
Anyway, who cares, right? Let’s get to the good stuff. I have assembled a somewhat random giveaway (why be boring?) to thank everyone who follows this blog and helps make this whole blogging thing rather an exciting experience for me.
First up is Simon the Fox, squshie extraordinaire. I love these squshies… they are small felt plush animals (also, dinosaurs and monsters) with vaguely square shapes (hence the name: square plushies = squshies), which is awesome in itself, but my favorite thing about the squshies is that each animal has a totally random story. Kiki the Tiger, for example, is an encyclopedia-reading cheerleader, and Jasper the Bear loves food on a stick. For this giveaway, I selected Simon the Fox, who loves to make up stories and wants to write a mystery novel. (To learn more about squshies, visit squshies.net)
Next up are the book prizes. I agonized about whether I should give away specific books or just offer gift cards for quite a while… And (somewhat obviously) I decided to do specific books. These books have really knocked my socks off, and I want to give other people the chance to read them (even folk who don’t normally read romance or erotica. Trust me, these books are good, sexy times notwithstanding.). Rest assured, winners will have the opportunity to choose their prize, on a first come, first served basis.
1. The Courtney Milan starter pack, e-book only, available in Kindle or .epub format. This starter pack includes the novella The Governess Affair and the full-length novel The Duchess War.
2. The Tiffany Reisz starter pack, e-book or paperback (you choose), includes one copy of The Siren, the first book in Reisz’s Original Sinners series.
3. My favorite Elizabeth Hoyt book, paperback or e-book (you choose). Includes one copy of The Raven Prince.
That’s great, Kel, how do we win these prizes? Funny you should ask! Here’s them rules:
- Leave a comment and answer any (or all) of the following arbitrarily-chosen questions: (1) What are you reading right now? (2) What’s the best book you’ve ever read? (3) How do you go about discussing the books you’ve read? Are you lucky enough to have an in-person discussion network, or do you primarily conduct any discussions online? (4) Do you ever read romance or erotica novels? (5) Do you have a genre that you just can’t like (i.e., I have a tough time reading books set in space… for some reason, I’m just predisposed to dislike ‘em.)?
- This giveaway is limited to folk who follow my blog. If you want on this crazy train, just enter your email address in that little box on the sidebar; if you have a WordPress site, just click the follow button.
- You need to be willing to provide an email and/or postal address (if you want a real, paper book — or a Simon the Fox — to hold in your grubby hands) in order to claim your prize.
The giveaway will run through Thursday, February 21 at 11:59 p.m. I’ll announce the 4 winners at some point on Friday, February 21. My giveaways have traditionally been… less than stellar. If fewer than four people sign up to participate in this one, I’ll let y’all duke it out to decide who wins what. I’m flexible.
Thanks, y’all! This year’s been a blast, and I’m looking forward to another year full of reading and analyzing.